Male menopause is caused by a drop in the levels of the male hormone testosterone. Around the age of 40, testosterone production in the body starts a slow and natural decline. This can have a devastating effect because testosterone is the singular most important male hormone. A loss in bone and muscle mass, thinning hair, weight gain, and diminishing libido are characteristics of a fall in testosterone levels.
Most men are unaware that there are numerous herbs that can be used to beat male menopause by increasing the amount of testosterone in the body. They have been used traditionally for centuries and are now used extensively in many herbal supplements.
Top Five Herbs to Beat Male Menopause
- Tribulus Terrestris: this plant has been used extensively since ancient times. Studies suggest that tribulus terrestris may trigger the pituitary gland to release more testosterone, thereby effectively alleviating signs and symptoms of low testosterone.
- Fenugreek: The seeds of this plant have powerful testosterone-boosting properties. Fenugreek seed extract, also known as Testofen, is the primary ingredient in many herbal supplements, including Ageless Male. It stimulates the body’s hormonal center to release bioavailable testosterone in the body which significantly brings down the discomfort caused by male menopause such as weak muscles and poor libido.
- Ginseng: Another powerful herb, ginseng enhances sexual stamina by increasing testosterone production. It’s available in health food stores across the country in the form of powder and tea and is used widely by men to overcome testosterone deficiency.
- Muira Puama:Indigenous to the Amazonian rainforest, muira puama has long been hailed as the answer to male menopause. It enhances sex drive and helps men to overcome erectile problems. It’s a popular aphrodisiac in Brazilian medicine and is thus aptly nicknamed “potency wood”.
- Tongkat Ali: This plant with medicinal properties has been used to boost sexual performance. It increases testosterone production and helps maintain normal energy levels, good metabolism, and improves male fertility and sperm quality.
Men who wish to use these herbs should check with a physician because some herbs may interact with other drugs. Practice caution by reading user reviews of the herbal supplement you intend to use. Remember that some products may not contain genuine ingredients, so it’s safe to do a bit of homework by finding all you can about the product. For instance, Ageless Male testimonials are ample proof that the product is genuine and endorsed by plenty of men.
Don’t just stick to herbal supplements. Testosterone levels are directly affected by what you eat and your level of physical activity. So make sure you’re eating a healthy diet and working out regularly, as these are the safest and best methods to boost the body’s testosterone production and get rid of male menopause.