Male menopause is caused by a drop in the levels of the male hormone testosterone. Around the age of 40, testosterone production in the body starts a slow and natural decline. This can have a devastating effect because testosterone is the singular most important male hormone. A loss in bone and muscle mass, thinning hair, weight gain, and diminishing libido are characteristics of a fall in testosterone levels.
Most men are unaware that there are numerous herbs that can be used to beat male menopause by increasing the amount of testosterone in the body. They have been used traditionally for centuries and are now used extensively in many herbal supplements.
Top Five Herbs to Beat Male Menopause
- Tribulus Terrestris: this plant has been used extensively since ancient times. Studies suggest that tribulus terrestris may trigger the pituitary gland to release more testosterone, thereby effectively alleviating signs and symptoms of low testosterone.
- Fenugreek: The seeds of this plant have powerful testosterone-boosting properties. Fenugreek seed extract, also known as Testofen, is the primary ingredient in many herbal supplements, including Ageless Male. It stimulates the body’s hormonal center to release bioavailable testosterone in the body which significantly brings down the discomfort caused by male menopause such as weak muscles and poor libido.
- Ginseng: Another powerful herb, ginseng enhances sexual stamina by increasing testosterone production. It’s available in health food stores across the country in the form of powder and tea and is used widely by men to overcome testosterone deficiency.
- Muira Puama:Indigenous to the Amazonian rainforest, muira puama has long been hailed as the answer to male menopause. It enhances sex drive and helps men to overcome erectile problems. It’s a popular aphrodisiac in Brazilian medicine and is thus aptly nicknamed “potency wood”.
- Tongkat Ali: This plant with medicinal properties has been used to boost sexual performance. It increases testosterone production and helps maintain normal energy levels, good metabolism, and improves male fertility and sperm quality.
Men who wish to use these herbs should check with a physician because some herbs may interact with other drugs. Practice caution by reading user reviews of the herbal supplement you intend to use. Remember that some products may not contain genuine ingredients, so it’s safe to do a bit of homework by finding all you can about the product. For instance, Ageless Male testimonials are ample proof that the product is genuine and endorsed by plenty of men.
Don’t just stick to herbal supplements. Testosterone levels are directly affected by what you eat and your level of physical activity. So make sure you’re eating a healthy diet and working out regularly, as these are the safest and best methods to boost the body’s testosterone production and get rid of male menopause.
Have you noticed a shift in your husband’s behavior lately? Does he get tired easily, has gained a few pounds, lacks the motivation to take up any new task, and shows disinterest in physical intimacy? The reason could very well be low testosterone. As men age, the production of testosterone gradually slows down. Testosterone is an exceptionally important male hormone, affecting nearly every function in the human body. It affects everything from muscle strength, libido, metabolism, bone density, to cognitive functions and even sleep pattern. Here’s what you can do to help your husband battle this hormonal deficiency and smooth a troubled relationship.
Tips to Help your Guy Overcome Low Testosterone
- Make sure your guy is eating all the right foods. He should eat foods with good fats such as olive oil, nuts, fatty fish like salmon, mackerel, and trout, and chicken and turkey breast. Make sure he has lots of vegetables and fruits, whole wheat cereals, and fortified dairy products.
- At the same time, it’s important not to eat junk, fried and processed foods as they contain harmful fats and can slow testosterone production and make him more sluggish and irritable.
- Exercise is important to maintain optimum testosterone. Ask him to join a gym, or if he’s too busy, make sure he indulges in adequate physical activity on weekends to ramp up testosterone levels. Even simple exercises like walking or jogging can boost testosterone and also keep weight in check.
- Ask him to go through Ageless Male testimonials. It’s a supplement containing a proprietary blend of powerful ingredients that raise the amount of freely circulating testosterone. This restores stamina and virility by increasing metabolism, enhancing sex drive and improving body composition. Ageless Male contains Testofen – an extract derived from fenugreek seeds, zinc, magnesium, and vitamin B6. All these ingredients play a vital role in fostering sexual and reproductive health.
- Don’t allow him to drink more than one glass of alcoholic beverage in a day. Alcohol messes up the system and can suppress testosterone production.
- Is he stressed out? Stress can destroy testosterone production by releasing large amounts of cortisol in the bloodstream. Think of cortisol as testosterone’s enemy. If that’s the case, help him relax. Hectic schedules contribute to stress. Urge him to take up a sport, join a hobby class, or plan a weekend outing with friends. Activities that help you unwind are also great testosterone boosters.
If the problem persists, encourage your partner to seek medical attention. Doctors often advise hormone replacement therapy for men with severe testosterone deficiency. Unusually low levels of testosterone can lead to further health complications such as osteoporosis and cardiovascular disease. Be with him in this trying time because testosterone deficiency can sometimes take a severe toll on a man’s physical and emotional well being.
How are the phrases low testosterone and male menopause related? To begin with, what is male menopause? Male menopause occurs when a man’s body doesn’t produce enough testosterone on its own, thanks to advancing age. Hormonal fluctuations are as common in men as they are in women. The difference is the female menopause signals the end of a woman’s reproductive ability, but male menopause refers to a gradual and natural decline in testosterone. Thus, low testosterone and male menopause essentially mean the same thing.
Testosterone production attains its maximum during puberty and early twenties. But with advancing age, it begins to dwindle, gradually, decreasing by 10% over a decade. This decline typically begins after a man reaches 30. This can have adverse effects because testosterone plays a crucial role in maintaining a healthy sex drive, energy metabolism, strong bones, muscle strength, and overall wellbeing.
Look at the signs and symptoms of male menopause caused because of low testosterone:
- Diminished sex drive
- Loss in muscle strength
- Weight gain around the belly
- Weak bones
- Loss of energy
- Excessive fatigue
- Hot flashes
- Irritability and depression, leading to mood swings
What can be done to get rid of these symptoms? These symptoms are also confused as signs of aging, and rightly so, because they usually occur with advancing age. There’s no way you can stop your body from lowering its testosterone production, but you can take certain steps to ensure it doesn’t bother you too much. Here’s how.
- Improve your eating habits. Stay away from saturated fat which is found abundantly in junk and oily food. Instead focus on home-made foods, and include lots of fruits and vegetables in your diet.
- Excess alcohol can accelerate male menopause. Limit your consumption to one glass a day.
- Go through Ageless Male supplement reviews. This product contains Testofen, which is composed of fenugreek seed extract. This extract raises the levels of bioavailable testosterone in the blood and is one of the safest dietary supplements for boosting testosterone.
- Exercise! Lack of physical activity lowers the production of testosterone. Keep your body’s hormonal center active by indulging in regular to moderate physical activity. Weightlifting is the best way to increase testosterone production.
- Don’t take too much stress. Stress is testosterone’s mortal enemy because it raises cortisol levels, which can decrease the amount of testosterone in the blood.
Now that you know the signs of male menopause, keep an eye out for them. Most men mistake them as nothing but signs of aging, and continue to live with them. If not managed properly, low testosterone can pose a serious health risk. You can learn more about how testosterone deficiency can overwhelm men by going through Ageless Male testimonials. Most of the signs of low testosterone are reversible, if only you are proactive toward your health and decide to lead a smart way of life.
Most men go around building muscle the wrong way. Taking steroids is one of those unnatural and dangerous ways to get buff. There are other natural ways to put on muscle weight. Eating right will help you gain before you ever start working at it in the gym. You need a diet that will provide energy for the work-out and quickly rebuild the tissues that tear during the work-out. So here are 8 food tips that will help you do just that.
- Dairy: Dairy, not dairy substitutes contain a lot of protein. Drinking low-fat flavored milk is a great after workout snack because the protein helps your muscles repair themselves and dairy additionally contains vitamin D, calcium and potassium.
- Lean Meat: Experts suggest eating 1.2 grams of protein for every 2.2 pounds or 1 kilogram your weigh. You can do the math. Lean meats are a great way of getting protein into your body but make sure it is lean. Lean meats additionally contain leucine which is known to increase muscle growth and iron that carries oxygen to all the parts of your body.
- Dark Meats: Some dark meats like chicken dark meat contain a lot more zinc and iron. Many people would call dark meat the best part of the bird and I wouldn’t be one to disagree.
- Eggs: Eating one egg a day with the yolk gives your protein as lutein which is a nutrient that benefits vision. If you love eggs, they are a great way to begin your day.
- Beans: There is such a variety of beans that if you like them, you’ll never run out of different ways to eat them. Explore the world of beans a little more if you’re new. They are filled with zinc, protein, fiber, vitamins, anti-oxidants and most importantly, they contain good carbs that will fuel your work-out.
- Nuts: You get healthy fats from nuts. They are on the list of muscle food tips because they also contain some protein along with vitamins, fiber and anti-oxidants.
- Veggies and Fruits: While meats, eggs and beans are good sources of protein, your muscle building diet will be very lacking without fruits and vegetables to help you process all this protein. The minerals, vitamins and anti-oxidants in fruits and vegetables are hard to find elsewhere without dietary supplementation.
- Fluids: Drinking enough water or natural juice is so essential to flush out all the excess substances from your body. Simply drinking a lot of water helps the fat cells prone to letting fat leave the body. But the role water plays in helping build muscle is undeniable.
Even with these 8 tips men can take substances that naturally boost testosterone levels without adding testosterone. An example would be the supplement Ageless Male that contains the extract of fenugreek seed called Testofen. Many Ageless Male testimonials have shown how this supplement has worked for them to increase free testosterone. Any increase in testosterone is great for muscle building but this is one of the few safe ways to increase testosterone in your body. Remember start slow and keep adding more weights every day in order to get the results you want.
Testosterone is often called the male hormone because it is responsible for the changes that occur at puberty in boys that give them manly characteristics. The deepened voice, the facial hair and the changes in jaw structure are all because of testosterone. But testosterone doesn’t stop working after puberty. It is constantly produced in specific quantities in men and used for building muscle, keeping libido high and a variety of different functions. Since testosterone is a hormone that is produced in the body, it has multiple functions far beyond the average joe would want to know.
That is why having low testosterone can affect many different arenas of the life of a man. It affects his relationships because of low libido. It affects work because low testosterone often makes men feel tired all the time. It affects his mind because he is more susceptible to being depressed with low testosterone. Finally, it affects his self-esteem if he finds that he is gaining fat that is difficult to lose.
Some men take testosterone supplements because their bodies do not produce testosterone in adequate quantities while some take supplements for the purpose of building muscle or increasing libido. In either case, here are some benefits of taking natural testosterone boosters.
- A testosterone booster that is not natural can be harmful because it might boost testosterone levels too high. Having high testosterone can lead to aggression and other undesirable conditions. These boosters usually also come with a list of side-effects that are difficult to manage.
- Natural testosterone boosters are defined as combinations of various plant extracts that have been clinically shown to boost testosterone levels in healthy men. They are safer because they will never boost testosterone levels too high and since they are natural they have no side-effects. The part I love is that they help your body create more testosterone for itself instead of making it dependent on a drug. Here are 3 different popular natural testosterone boosters:
- Tribulus Terrestris
This plant extract has been used for decades to increase testosterone and improve libido. We often neglect the power we can get from simple plants if we used them correctly. You need 250-700mg of this extract to help maintain a balance between testosterone and oestrogen hormones. It claims to work better if taken with the right B vitamins and a diet full of protein. Did you know that even just eating a diet rich in protein can help increase testosterone levels to some extent?
- Coleus Forskohlii Extracts
This extract is usually recommended to people who are trying to lose weight but it affects testosterone levels as well. Men who are obese generally have low testosterone because fat cells convert testosterone into estrogen. Coleus Forskohlii helps reduce fat cells and thus helps increase levels of testosterone and overall energy. Taking just 250mg of Coleus Forskohlii can boost free testosterone levels.
- Fenugreek Seed Extracts
Fenugreek is an herb found in various sub-tropical and tropical climates. It is bitter with a nutty taste. The extract from the fenugreek seed has been used for many years for boosting testosterone levels among many other benefits. It works by suppressing oestrogen and thus making more testosterone available for use in the body. One supplement that uses this extract is Ageless Male that has many loyal customers that would swear by it in Ageless Male testimonials. It also contains B6 that increases your body’s metabolism and gives more energy every day.
This is just a place to start as you search for the natural testosterone booster that is right for you. Don’t forget that even though these are natural you should ask your doctor before starting to take any new daily supplement since it might conflict with other medication. Don’t forget that natural is always best.