Let’s begin by answering that question. Do men really experience menopause? Yes! Confused? Don’t be! Menopause is no longer a term associated with females only. Men are susceptible to this condition as much as women are, albeit in a slightly different way. Male menopause occurs when men start experiencing a plethora of unwanted physical and emotional changes in their life, usually around age 50. These changes are the result of hormonal imbalance, namely a decline in the amount of testosterone.
As a man grows old, testosterone production gradually and slowly begins to taper off. No it never stops completely, unlike women, which signals the end of her menstrual cycle and renders her infertile. In men, the level of testosterone begin to decline at the rate of about 1% every year, beginning age 40. Testosterone is an incredibly important hormone, and therefore when it decreases in amount, the body reacts to it in an undesirable way, such as:
- Loss of sexual desire
- Inability to achieve erection
- Fat redistribution around the abdomen
- Hot flashes and night sweats
- Unexplained fatigue
- Loss of muscle bulk
- Brittle bones
- Dry, flaky skin
- Sleep disturbance
- Irritability and mood swings
- Foggy memory
- Loss of motivation and enthusiasm
Men who experience these signs can feel frustrated and depressed. In fact, more often than not, they don’t realize that falling levels of testosterone are causing these symptoms.They simply attribute it to aging, or worse still, think it’s depression that’s causing these signs and may even get the wrong treatment. These signs can interfere with daily life and even cause rifts in a relationship. What’s important is that men team up with their doctors to find the underlying cause and get help to manage it the right way. Here are some ways you can overcome the bothersome symptoms of male menopause:
- Eat sensibly. Your diet should consist of healthy fats, protein, fiber, and lots of fruits and vegetables.
- Read up on men’s health supplement reviews. Some, like Ageless Male, are specially designed to improve testosterone production and enhance strength, libido, and body composition. Just don’t get sidetracked by Ageless Male scam reviews – it’s just a hype. The supplement contains powerful and genuine ingredients in the right proportions to boost vigor and vitality.
- Nothing gets the body pumping testosterone like a vigorous workout. Weightlifting, strength training, and high intensity interval training beef up muscles and testosterone levels. If that’s not for you, go for swimming or running. Get moving. It also helps reduce stress and cheers you up by triggering a rush of endorphins, also known as “feel-good” hormones. A sedentary lifestyle only accelerates hormonal fluctuations and makes matters worse.
So yes, male menopause does exist. It’s just not discussed as widely as female menopause. But men must realize they may experience it sooner or later once they have crossed 40, if they don’t keep up with a healthy and smart approach toward life.
Most men are unaware of the fact that there’s something called as male menopause and that it might affect them when they reach middle age. Male menopause is also known as andropause or in simpler words, testosterone deficiency. It’s the phase in a man’s life when his testosterone production gradually trickles down causing a variety of problems, leading up to male menopause.
Almost all men know that testosterone plays an important role in maintaining a strong sex drive. But that’s not all. It’s important for energy metabolism, strong muscles and bones, and better concentration and memory. Thus when the amount of this hormone decreases, it can reduce a man’s sex drive, tank his energy levels and give him flabby muscles. All these changes occur around middle age and can cause an emotional upheaval in a man’s life, leading most men to think they’re suffering from depression rather than low testosterone. This phase can be termed as male menopause, and optimizing your testosterone levels by making simple yet effective changes to your everyday habits is the best way to beat male menopause.
Effective Ways to Beat Male Menopause
- Your diet is the most important factor. Pay close attention to your meals. Are you eating enough pro-testosterone foods? Beef, chicken, turkey, cold water fish such as salmon and tuna, avocados, Brazil nuts, pecans, walnuts, olive and coconut oil, peanut butter, eggs are just some of the products that’ll boost your body’s testosterone production. But do your heart a favor by staying away from the bad fats (trans fat/saturated fat found in junk and fast food)!
- Exercise comes a close second. It keeps you in good shape, checks weight gain, and tones up your muscles, beefs up testosterone levels. Make it a nonnegotiable part of your life, and you’ll be much happier!
- Try a different approach. Fenugreek seeds, stinging nettle, tongkat ali,and saw palmetto are proven testosterone boosting herbs. Fenugreek seed extract increases the production of bioavailable testosterone in the bloodstream and is the key ingredient in Ageless Male supplement, along with zinc, magnesium, and vitamin B6. Plenty of men have used it to fight off low testosterone and overcome the ill effects of male menopause. Don’t believe Ageless Male scam reviews – the supplement contains scientifically proven ingredients and is safe and reliable.
- Fight off depression. Depression raises cortisol levels which suppresses the production of testosterone. It’s a vicious circle. Stress and anxiety can make it worse. Try to maintain a positive attitude toward life. Remain cheerful by spending more time in the company of friends and family. It helps fight depression and keeps you happy, a key factor in maximizing good health.
These might look tough to follow, but if you adhere to them diligently, you’ll realize your testosterone production has shot up. Declining levels of testosterone is a gradual and natural phenomenon, but it’s in your hands to equip your body to deal with it effectively and fight off male menopause before it overtakes your life.
Are you over the age of 30 and get tired easily, even if it’s your day off? You realize that you no longer feel motivated to do even the normal daily chores. Has your relationship lost its sizzle? Have you gained a few unsightly pounds around your midsection? If you answered yes to most of the questions here, chances are you have lower than normal testosterone levels.
Why do testosterone levels decline? Experts say it’s advancing age that causes this hormonal shift in men. But it’s also suggested that age isn’t the only deciding factor. Poor lifestyle choices also accelerate this decline in testosterone levels. An unhealthy diet lacking in essential nutrients and containing saturated and trans fats and a sedentary lifestyle contribute greatly to testosterone deficiency. Given below are the most common effects of low testosterone in men.
Signs of Low Testosterone
- Loss of sexual appetite
- Inability to achieve erection
- Loss in muscle mass
- Decreased bone mineral density
- Increase in belly fat
- Tiredness and irritability
- Inability to concentrate
Is there a solution for these? Yes, there is. Unfortunately, many men resort to shots, gels, and patches to increase their testosterone levels not knowing that there are natural yet simple methods to buff your hormonal levels and not suffer from the incapacitating signs of testosterone deficiency.
Natural Ways to Fight Low Testosterone
- Eat a wholesome diet. It should consist of healthy fats like the ones found in chicken, turkey, beef liver, salmon, coconuts, avocados, and olive oil. Fats are necessary to synthesize cholesterol, the precursor to testosterone. Other foods you must include as part of your meals are nuts, fruits, vegetables, whole grain cereals, and fortified dairy products.
- Work out! It’s probably the most overlooked aspect of a healthy lifestyle. Weightlifting is a great way to beef up the muscles and raise testosterone levels. Do compound exercises such as squats, dead lifts, and bench presses for best results. If weightlifting isn’t for you, go for a swim, a walk, or a sprint. It’ll give your hormones a boost and help you shed a few extra pounds.
- Men using Ageless Male know how useful this supplement is to restore normal levels of testosterone. It boasts of ingredients such as fenugreek seed extract, zinc, magnesium, and vitamin B6 that boost male health and stimulate the body’s internal mechanism to produce more testosterone. Don’t fall for Ageless Male scam reviews – this dietary supplement is completely safe and reliable and has no side effects.
- Stress can cause testosterone levels to plunge. Learn stress management techniques such as yoga and meditation and keep anxiety away to maintain normal testosterone levels.
Don’t let testosterone deficiency control your life. Take charge – improve your diet, work out consistently, maintain a healthy weight, and have a positive outlook toward life. Don’t let matters come to a breaking point before you decide to do something about it. Be proactive in your approach toward an improved lifestyle so you don’t let low testosterone affect you in any way!
Do you come home from work completely exhausted and drained of energy? Or do you wake up every morning and realize you don’t feel motivated enough to begin the day on a happy note? Or your relationship is suffering because physical intimacy isn’t as exciting as it once used to be? Poor energy levels, loss of libido, and a feeling of tiredness which refuses to go away are all signs of low testosterone. Testosterone is the principal male hormone and responsible for maintaining energy, sex drive, muscle bulk, and positive overall health. Beginning age 30, testosterone production declines gradually, and for some men, this decline can have a negative impact on their routine life. Here are some natural and effective methods which can raise your testosterone levels, leaving you fresh and rejuvenated, no matter what age you are!
Overcoming Testosterone Deficiency
- Your diet is the most important aspect when it comes to maintaining healthy testosterone levels. A wholesome diet that’s rich in healthy fats, proteins, zinc, and vitamin D is essential for optimum testosterone levels. Here’s a partial list of food items you must consume if you want to see a rise in your T levels:
- Fats: Beef liver, chicken and turkey, eggs, oily fish such as salmon and tuna, all kinds of nuts, avocados, coconuts, olive oil, peanut oil.
- Zinc: Oysters, baked beans, dried pumpkin and watermelon seeds.
- Cruciferous veggies such as cabbage, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, and broccoli.
- Fresh fruits and vegetables – eat at least five servings a day.
- The second most important aspect is fitness. Resistance training is the best form of exercise that’ll spike your T levels. Squats, dead lifts, and bench press, chin-ups work large muscle groups and propel the internal mechanism to produce more testosterone naturally. Sprinting, biking, swimming, or even a few minutes spent working out on the elliptical and treadmill are sure to buff your testosterone, if done diligently.
- Nutritional supplements can also be beneficial to overcome testosterone deficiency. Ageless Male is a dietary supplement that contains natural yet powerful ingredients like fenugreek seeds, zinc, magnesium, and vitamin B6, which stimulate the body’s natural testosterone production. A look at its reviews and testimonials will further elaborate how it has helped plenty of men fight hormonal imbalance and maintain overall health. Don’t fall for Ageless Male scam reviews – all ingredients in this supplement are scientifically proven and produce zero side effects.
- Lastly, de-stress. Stress raises cortisol levels. Experts refer to cortisol as the mortal enemy of testosterone. When cortisol levels rise, testosterone levels plunge. Stay away from stressful situations. Use stress management techniques such as listening to music, yoga, and meditation.
Don’t wait for signs of low testosterone tocreep in and adversely impact your daily life. Whatever age you are, commit to a smart way of life by making wholesome diet and regular exercise a non-negotiable part of your daily routine, and you’ll never complain of poor testosterone levels ever!
If your testosterone levels are on the lower end, there are changes you can make in increase your testosterone levels. What’s more is that you can do it all naturally! This does not rule out the fact that even after implementing the following in your life, you might still have to visit the doctor and understand the root cause of your low testosterone. But while your levels are low but not lower than the acceptable range, you can eat, drink and work out the right way in order to boost your testosterone levels.
Here are the 4 ways you can increase your testosterone levels naturally:
There are so many rich foods freely available in Nature that help increase testosterone production. So while this is not a comprehensive list, it’s a start.
- Cruciferous Vegetables: Cauliflower, broccoli, cabbage, brussel sprouts and such are called cruciferous vegetables. They helps increase testosterone by eliminating the extra estrogen that might be floating about in you. Now you really know your mom wasn’t lying when she said “Eat your veggies because they’re good for you”. This removal of excess estrogen in turn gives the body permission to produce testosterone.
- Meat: Fat is necessary for better testosterone production. So foods like red meat that are high in fat and protein are good. It is better to eat a high fat diet, (even eating chicken) than a high fiber diet for men to produce healthy amounts of testosterone.
- Beans: Almost every culture in the world eats beans as a staple food. Beans are great not just because they are full of protein but mainly because they contain zinc which has been researched and is known to increase testosterone levels.
When it comes to drinking, it’s more what you don’t drink that makes a difference. Alcohol consumption in large quantities or drinking very sugary drinks does not help testosterone levels to increase. So drinking them in moderation is best.
Many suggest taking zinc supplements, B-complex and fish oil supplements.
- Mineral zinc is good for sperm production and testosterone levels.
- Foods rich in vitamin B like eggs and avocados are needed because vitamin B helps the body produce testosterone too.
- Fish oil contains omega 3 fatty acids. This and other nutrients increase the availability of free testosterone in the blood.
- Additionally, supplements made from natural extracts like Ageless Male have no side-effects but do help boost free testosterone in healthy males. Read more Ageless Male testimonials to see what people have said.
If you’re eating a diet rich in zinc or fish, you don’t need the supplement—but often, taking supplements is easier. Try to consult your doctor before taking any supplement to make sure it doesn’t conflict with your medical history.
The work-out you choose can help you produce more testosterone. Weight-lifting and endurance training like running is strenuous and helps burn more fat. Keeping the fat off will help testosterone production.
If you’re on the verge of having really low testosterone, these 4 ways will definitely help you boost your testosterone levels. Keep researching the best foods to increase testosterone.