Male menopause is used to describe the gradual decline of the hormone testosterone. Levels of this incredibly important hormone begin to dwindle after a man reaches 30. Unlike women, who have a clear-cut phase in their lives which can be marked as menopause, male menopause isn’t so well-defined. That’s because men’s bodies never completely stop producing testosterone. And secondly, this process is very slow-occurring. Also known by other terms such as testosterone deficiency, low testosterone in aging men, and andropause, male menopause can be a cause for concern if it produces undesirable side effects. Diminishing libido, excess body fat, poor energy, lack of enthusiasm and feeling blue for no reason are just some adverse effects of testosterone deficiency. Find out how you can restore energy and overcome testosterone deficiency.
Effective Solutions for Male Menopause
- Eat plenty of fresh, organic produce. Green leafy vegetables, fresh fruits, dairy products, beef, chicken, salmon, walnuts, pecans, olive oil, and avocados are all rich in nutrients that help maximize your body’s hormonal production. Cruciferous vegetables, which include the likes of broccoli, kale, cabbage, and cauliflower, reduce the levels of estrogen in the body, and lead to increased bioavailability of free testosterone. So think twice before you groan at the thought of eating these super veggies!
- Avoid drinking too much alcohol. Excess alcohol can knock off the body’s delicate hormonal balance. Limit yourself to just one drink per day.
- Get back in shape.Chart a daily workout schedule that best suits your routine. Obesity and testosterone deficiency go hand in hand. Shedding fat is a huge boost to your self-esteem. If you’re in good shape, you’ll feel good about yourself, which can work wonders to increase self-confidence and motivation.
- Ageless Male is a specially formulated multivitamin and mineral supplement containing fenugreek seed extract. This plant derivative speeds up the body’s natural testosterone production. It also contains zinc, a trace mineral central to reproductive functions and vitamin B6 that is essential for energy metabolism. Ageless Male supplement reviews indicate that this product influences hormone levels positively and helps men deal with male menopause.
- Learn to manage stress. Undue stress increases cortisol; and increased cortisol leads to decreased testosterone levels. Practice yoga or meditation, listen to soothing music, go out with friends more often, join a hobby class, do any activity that will reduce stress.
Male menopause in no way means the beginning of the end, it only means your body is signaling that something’s not right. A bit of self-care like eating the right foods and keeping up an active lifestyle is all it takes to revive your old self. It definitely doesn’t happen overnight; so the sooner you start taking care of yourself, the better it is. Take control of your life and don’t be a victim to the debilitating effects of male menopause.