Testosterone is the most vital androgen in the body. It’s rightly said – testosterone maketh a man and holds the key to masculinity and male vitality! It essays some very important functions in the human body. Unfortunately, testosterone levels begin a downward spiral after a man turns 40, with advancing age being touted as the main culprit. Here’s more on the role testosterone plays in the body, the effects low levels can have on our system, and ways to overcome them.
Testosterone and its Functions
- Development of secondary sexual characteristics and maturation of sex organs
- Enhancing bone mineral density
- Growth of body hair
- Maintaining sexual drive
- Reducing abdominal fat
- Increase in muscle strength
- Normal development of sperm
Effects of Low Testosterone
- Loss of sex drive
- Accumulation of belly fat and expansion of breast tissue
- Reduced muscle bulk
- Fragile bones
- Irritability, depression, and mood swings
- Impotence and infertility, mainly due to decreased volume of semen
- Decreased energy levels causing excessive tiredness
Ways to Overcome Low Testosterone
- Practice a nutritional diet consisting of testosterone-boosting foods such as olive oil, nuts, lean cuts of beef, and cold water fish,
- Consider looking up a few Ageless Male supplement reviews. This supplement contains Testofen, an ingredient derived from fenugreek seed extract that triggers the body’s natural hormonal production and restores it back to the normal range. Most men who have used this have experienced a substantial but safe increase in their T levels and have regained their lost passion and energy levels. For all you know, Ageless Male could be a life-changer for you too!
- Exercising is equally important. It’s a great immunity booster .Weightlifting will tone your muscles and spike up T levels. Keep yourself active in any way you can. Hit the gym; go for a walk, swim, or run. It’ll make you feel good about yourself, and aids in the release of hormones that combat stress. Stress is the number one libido killer because it’ll pull down your T levels to an abnormally low range.
Testosterone decline is a natural process. Most men neglect signs of low testosterone thinking of them as normal part of aging and continue to live with poor energy levels, flagging libido, and tiredness. Low levels of testosterone can also increase risk of heart disease and obesity. So if low T symptoms are bothering you, don’t take things lying down. Try to reform your lifestyle by making simple yet effective changes such as eating right and working out. Optimize your testosterone levels, and keep your bones healthy, energy metabolism to the highest, and passion flaming, and keep serious health complications at bay.