Testosterone, the most important male hormone, plays a vital role in the male reproductive system. Produced by the testes and to a lesser extent by the adrenal glands, it’s associated with the growth of sex organs and development of secondary sexual characteristics. Typically, with age, testosterone levels in men begin a gradual decline, mostly after age 30. This is characterized by loss in muscle strength, increase in abdominal fat, loss of sex drive, and an overwhelming feeling of sluggishness. Some men may experience a reduction in testosterone levels at a young age. For such men, there are several safe, natural, and proven methods to enhance the falling levels and get them back on track.
Natural Methods to Increase Testosterone Levels
- Watch what you eat. Make sure you eat protein-rich foods. Protein helps build muscles. Zinc is another important mineral your body needs for maintaining healthy testosterone levels. Cruciferous veggies like cabbage, cauliflower, kale, and broccoli also augment testosterone levels.
- Healthy fats, such as omega-3 fatty acids, found in avocados, salmon, and nuts naturally raise T levels. Then there is vitamin D. Eat cereals and dairy products fortified with this important vitamin because if you’re low on it, you’re low on your T levels too.
- Ageless Male is a dietary supplement containing fenugreek seed extract and essential vitamins, which stimulate the body’s testosterone production.
- Regular workout is a must if you want to see your T levels go up. The best way is to lift weights and do compound exercises like squats, bench presses, rows, and dead lifts. If that’s not possible, swim, run, jog, bike, but keep up with an active lifestyle. Exercise helps to burn the fat and tone your muscles. Lack of exercise can cause testosterone to plummet.
- Get a good night’s sleep, at least 7-8 hours. It’s as important as eating right or exercising. It’s important for your body to get enough rest to produce adequate and healthy levels of testosterone.
- Stay away from stressful situations. Stress and anxiety aren’t good for your system, and will adversely affect the production of testosterone.
If you notice, most of the methods outlined above are nothing out of the ordinary, but simple lifestyle modifications which will not only strengthen your immune system and help the body stave off cardiovascular diseases and help you lose weight, but also help you get your testosterone levels back within a healthy range. If you wish to take supplements, it’s a good idea to read through their reviews. For instance, when you read Ageless Male reviews, you’ll understand how hundreds of men, both young and old, are using this product with positive results and no side effects. So to keep the debilitating symptoms of low testosterone away, follow and smart, healthy, and active way of life, no matter what age you are!